January 4, 2009

The Rescuer

This is something that I wrote based on a dream I had about a year ago. I have been blessed for the past year to have some dreams that have completely changed me and this is one of them:

The Rescuer
One night, I dreamed I was walking through a field when suddenly I tripped and fell into a dark hold. It was darker than anything I have ever experienced and I was terrified. As I was sitting in the darkness I though of how I could possibly get out of this hole and more importantly, how I could get out of the darkness which was beginning to consume me.
The longer I was in the darkness the more afraid I became. I reached around feeling for anything I could grab onto to pull me out, but to no avail, I found nothing. It was at that point that I began to panic and scream for help. At the very moment when I was ready to give up, to give in to the darkness that seemed to be swallowing me whole, I suddenly noticed a small sliver of light high above me. I began reaching with all my might and yelling knowing that someone had to have heard my cries and had come to save me, but once again, I heard nothing. I collapsed to the floor with exhaustion when suddenly I heard a man's voice yell, "Reach up and take hold of my hands, I will help you." Confused and alarmed that someone had suddenly appeared almost out of nowhere, I sat there looking up, wondering if I was dreaming. Then I heard the voice again say, "Reach up and take hold of my hands, I'm here"...knowing somehow that I wasn't so sure.
Suddenly realizing that this was real, that someone was actually here, I reached up in the pitch black, feeling for that someone, that something to grab a hold of. Suddenly, the hands reached down and took mine into his; somehow sensing that I would never be able to find them on my own. As he took hold of my hands and pulled me to safety, I didn't even have time to look to see who this stranger was before he pulled me into his arms and held me crying, "It's ok Sara, I have you, I'm not going to let you go". Through tears, I looked up into the face of my rescuer and realized it was a face I knew very well; it was none other than the Savior Himself.
The joy I felt was indescribable. I felt like I was finally home, that I was safe from the darkness of this cruel and lonely world. He had rescued me when I had fallen. I have come to realize that in this dark world we live in, all we can do is hold on to Him with everything that we have. He is the only way to safety and the only way we will ever make it home again. He knows we are weak, He knows that we will move than likely fall again, but He has promised that He will never let go of us. He will never abandon us. No matter what we may do to make Him look bad, He stands beside us because ultimately He loves us. He will NEVER turn His back on us. He believes in us. He knows we can do it, but only when and if we trust in His constant love and care. When we have His help, we will never fail.

When I saw this picture it almost brought me to tears b/c this is exactly how it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.