I have so much to write about but I'm just going to stick to this one topic for the moment while it is still fresh in my head. Today at church one of the speakers got up and was talking about how he had gotten really sick. While he was sick the Stake President gave him a blessing saying that things were going to get worse and he was going to be in the worst pain he has ever imagined. Can you imagine hearing that!?! I would be terrified. Then the Stake President told him that there was going to be a point where he would want to give and die b/c the pain was so intense, but at that point he should cry to the Savior for help and then the Savior would come and ease the burdens he was feeling. Anyway, the guy told of how his sickness got worse and that he had to go in and have some sort of test, but the doctors had forgetten about him and the anesthisioligist had left so they would still have to do the test w/ out the meds. He said it was the most pain he had ever been in and he was ready to die and at that point, he remembered the words of the blessing; and he started calling upon the Savior for help. Almost instantly he felt a tremendous weight lifted from him. The pain was still there, but he felt like it was going to be ok. As I was listening I asked my friend how you call upon the Savior for help and if it was just through prayer. And we both figured out that is how it is. It's those moments when you are crying to the Lord, knowing that you can't go on w/out His help, and He comes...just as He has always promised He would. When my grandpa died, I was crying harder then I have ever cried in my life, and I was almost to the point that I couldn't go on. I remember pleading w/ the Lord telling Him I don't know how I could ever go on w/ out having my grandpa w/ me. What happened...I had one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. And I have had many other instances just like that one. Ready to give up b/c life just seemed to be too hard, and pleading w/ the Lord to somehow help me, and he always responds w/ a whisper "I'm here, Sara".
I know that the Lord loves us, and is there for us at all times, but most importantly when we need Him the most. Those times when we feel so alone...He is closest. Like Elder Holland said, "one of the great consolations...is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so." We do not have to face these trying times alone...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.