July 25, 2010

RUNNING!

Me and my dad signed up to do the 24th of July Fun Run...back when we started talking about it, everything was fine and my foot wasn't bothering me. But something happened and I hurt my foot really bad and had a hard time even walking let alone trying to run. But slowly my foot has started to feel a little better, but not much. But I thought what the heck...I'll give this a try anyway b/c a 5k isn't too far, and it's something I would run anyway. So for the 3 days prior to the race, I got out a mostly walked to stretch out my ol' legs and to see how my foot might do. It didn't seem too bad at all and I was beyond excited! So at 6 am yesterday morning I woke up and walked over to the park (a slight warm up). My foot was wrapped and we set out! We completed the race between 45-50 mins which seems like a long time, but for 2 people haven't really run in over 2 months...I think we did pretty darn good! And this morning I am a little sore, but I feel good about completing something I never in a million years though I would do! I LOVE RUNNING!!
"You can tell a lot about a person by their shoes...where they've been and where they are going"
-Forrest Gump

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.