April 19, 2008

Baby Kiya!

I am an aunt again and I am so excited! Nate's Daughter Kiya Rose Warburton was born, February 24, 2008 @ about 2:15 in the morning! My dad called me at 10:30 telling me that Emily had gone to the hospital (but I didn't really think anything of it since she had already been twice), but we were hoping this was it!
At about 1:30 in the morning dad called me and said that it was about time and that they would pick me up on the way up to the hospital. I was so excited!! When we got there, we took Haiden (who was asleep at the time) into the waiting room w/ us. About 20 minutes later Nate came in and said that Kiya was born. He said that she was so tiny only 5 lbs 4oz!
There were a few little miracles that seemed to happen tonight that just kinda amazed me! First off, we were really worried about whether or not we should wake Haiden up to see his sister when she was born or not (he tends to be kinda grumpy when he wakes up before he should!). Well, I was sitting in the waiting room watching Haiden while he slept and suddenly he just opened his eyes and sat up and starting talking to me about his little sister coming. Not 5 minutes later Nate came in to say that she was born. I don't know, my mom and I talked about it and realized that he woke up just as his little sister was born. We were so worried about him being fussy and stuff, but he seemed to be more ready than we ever thought he would be!
My mom went out of town for about 3 days and we were all so worried that Kiya would come before she got home. I know that there were a lot of prayers that were taking place that Kiya would wait until my mom got back from her trip. I even talked to Emily that day and she said that she didn't feel like anything was going to happen. Well, Kiya came about 4 hours after mom got home. I don't know, for me it was just an answer to many prayers. My mom wanted so badly to be a part of everything and I am just grateful that she waited to come until my mom was able to be there!
Kiya was so cute, we were able to go into the room just after she was born and we were all able to hold her. She seemed to cry when everyone else held her, but when my dad put her in my arms she stopped instantly and opened her eyes and just looked at me! After a few minutes of holding her, I gave her back to Em. Haiden then crawled up on the bed w/ his mom and kissed his sister on the forehead and then said "Mom, can I hold her?" and when she was placed in his arms he seemed to know just what to do (even though he's only 3) and when she started to fuss, he rocked gently back and forth until she stopped. I loved it! I am very very grateful for my family! They are a HUGE blessing in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.