April 20, 2008

I HATE Goodbyes!

I have been reflecting a lot of the things that have happened so far this year that have impacted me the greatest. One of these events was the death of our Beloved Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley. I don't know why it impacted me like it did, but I had such a hard time w/ his death. I think a lot of it had to do w/ the fact that he reminded me so much of my grandpa. It was like President Hinckley was my source of comfort after my grandpa died and suddenly he was gone too and I had to say goodbye again. Watching President Hinckley's funeral was extremely hard for me. I think the hardest part of the whole thing was the end, when President Monson spoke. He said almost the exact same words my uncle said at my grandpa's funeral. President Monson said, " On behalf of each one of us, my brothers and sisters, I offer our final farewell to our beloved prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley: Gordon, God be with you till we meet again." I was an emotional wreck during the whole thing (and felt like an idiot!), but like at my grandpa's funeral, the spirit was so strong.

Over the past year or so I have really grown a lot in way of the gospel. It brings so much peace and comfort to me...especially during times like these. I know where my grandpa is...I know where President Hinckley is, and I know how happy they both are! Why then is it so hard for me to say goodbye? I really don't know. I have come to realize that I HATE saying goodbye to people. It really is so hard for me. I mean, I could go to a funeral of some guy down the street that I don't even know and bawl my eyes out. I don't know...I think another reason is because I hate people seeing me cry (I am one of those people who can't hold it in and I turn into a blubbering idiot when I cry!). I guess I just need to come to accept the fact that I am emotional person, and that I need to embrace that! :)

I know without a shadow of a doubt that I will be w/ all those loved ones again, but it's just hard knowing that they won't be around anymore. They won't be around to offer that counsel I so often seek, but I know that I have a loving Heavenly Father who will provide other people in my life who will have the same kind of impact on me and help me to be a better person. I know that I am watched out for and blessed with the best family and friends anyone could ever ask for! There is no reason to be sad...heck I don't even think I'm sad...I'm just overly sensitive to these things! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.