May 23, 2008

When a Song HITS you....

I know I just wrote a blog about music yesterday, but have you ever heard a song that just *hits* you? It's like the song was written for you and the words describe how you are feeling better than you ever could. I know this happens to me ALL the time, and I heard a song the other day and it kinda just hit home. I have been so torn this past week and I'm just not sure what I want anymore. My life is amazing, but sometimes I just feel like I'm standing on the sidelines watching everyone else's dreams come true and nothing good ever happens to me. It's not like I'm really complaining b/c I know that everything happens for a reason, it just gets hard sometimes. The words to this song by the Wreckers was amazingly true, I don't know, it seems a little harsh, but it rings true for me right now. So, here they are :
I want to paint my face
And pretend that I am someone else
Sometimes I get so fed up
I don't even want to look at myself
But people have problems that are worse than mine
I don't want you to think I'm complaining all the time
And I hate the way you look at me I have to say
I wish I could start over
I am slowly falling apart I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start
You might think it's easy being me
You just stand still, look pretty
Sometimes I find myself shaking
In the middle of the night
And then it hits me and I can't
Even believe this is my life
But people have problems that are worse than mine
I don't want you to think I'm complaining all the time
And I wish that everyone would go and shut their mouths
I'm not strong enough to deal with it
I am slowly falling apart I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start
You might think it's easy being me
You just stand still, look pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.