I just wanted to wish you all a VERY MERRY Christmas!! Hope you all had a wonderful day! :) Christmas for me was very different this year. It wasn't about present so much, although I did get very good gifts. It was about family and being there for each other. I don't know, since Elisha's baby died we have all been drawn together and it was just a day for giving each other things to show how much we care. I didn't buy a lot of things this year, I made most of my presents and most of my presents were made too, and that just makes them that much more meaningful.
I gave my cousin one of my favorite pictures of the Savior (it's one I have posted before, where He is kissing a girl on the forehead) and something that I wrote about a dream I had (which I will post later on). Elisha and her boyfriend aren't very religious, but I don't know, something has changed, especially w/ her boyfriend Sean. When I first met him he was very quiet and kind of one those people who put up an "I'm tough" persona, but these past 2 days he has really opened up to our family and I see goodness in him. He has been asking my cousin about the church and all that and I feel like something is coming that is going to change this family. The one thing I remember most is him looking at the picture I gave Elisha and saying it was the coolest picture that he had ever seen. I was worried about giving it too her b/c I didn't know what he would think of it, but just hearing him say that just broke open that hope in my heart.
Also, today as a family we went to visit Kasandra's grave (Elisha and Sean's baby). We trudged through the 2 feet of snow and blizzard and I was the only one really dressed to be out in the snow so I led the way and was able to dig around and find where she was buried. It was very sobering and brought back a lot of those sad memories, but it's good to remember.
This really was one of the best Christmas's I have ever really had! I love the good feeling you get when you know that you have made someone feel good!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.