January 2, 2010

A GOOD Christmas story!

So I went to Deseret Book to find a good book to read and I honestly stood there for an hour trying to figure something out. I swear the ladies came up to me at least 10 times asking if I was doing okay. Yeah, I wasn't! I just couldn't make up my mind! Finally after spending all that time in the fiction section, I just started wandering and came to the Christmas section and this book stood out to me:

I was still kinda skeptical about it b/c it was like October and I couldn't read a Christmas story yet, but I bought it. It was one of the BEST stories I have ever read. It had me drawn in from the very beginning and bawling like a baby the rest of the time. It was incredible the way the announcement of Christ's birth and the description used in the book. I reread it of course closer to Christmas and it still had the same affect on me and it really brought the Spirit of Christmas into my heart. Like President Monson said, "To catch the real meaning of the spirit of Christmas, we need only drop the last syllable and it becomes the Spirit of Chirst...".

I recommend this book to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.